In stock - usually despatched within 1 working day.
In the finale to series one of the Sacred Music programme, Simon Russell Beale presents a special concert for Easter from LSO St Luke's in London, performed by the award-winning choir The Sixteen, conducted by founder Harry Christophers. The music takes us on a journey of over a thousand years, from haunting plainchant through to the celebrated music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Highlights include Palestrina's motet Assumpta Est Maria, and Allegri's Miserere.
Plus Bonus Features include:
· Sacred Music Series One Preview
· Exclusive Interview with Harry Christophers
· Song Selection with Introductions from Harry Christophers (Audio Option)
· Related Recordings by The Sixteen
· Artist Biographies and Images
· Downloadable Screensavers
Region: NTSC Region 0
Plays in all territories
“Allegri's Miserere puts in an appearance, Elin Manahan Thomas surfing the high Cs with effortless sublimity, but the last word (a glorious one at that) falls to a Marian motet by Palestrina”
Click on any of the works listed above for alternative recordings.