Work at Presto
Vacancy - Shop Manager, Presto Music
We are looking for a Shop Manager at Presto Music in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
Presto Music is one of the UK’s most popular and established music shops – one of the country’s premier sources of sheet music, classical CDs and DVDs, instruments and accessories. We also repair instruments.
Presto Music was crowned the best Classical Music Instrument Shop at the 2013 Music Industry Association Awards, and also nominated in the category of Best Independent Retailer. Staff are all musicians and music lovers with a wealth of knowledge, experience and passion.
We have strong ties with local teachers, schools, choirs and performers, and are passionate about encouraging more people to discover and enjoy music and in particular playing a musical instrument.
Role & Responsibilities
- Operate the smooth running of Presto Music
- Manage up to 6 shop staff
- Help staff reach personal and shop targets
- Provide a very high level of customer service
- Meet sales targets and grow the business – strong focus on sales
- Efficient stock control
- Responsibility for shop staffing and rotas
- Responsibility for buying and general stock policies
- Lead staff meetings
Skills & Requirements
- Strong and confident leader, able to make decisions
- Passionate about music
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and good listener
- Enjoys dealing with customers and members of the public
- Ability to develop, motivate and encourage staff
- A high level of computer literacy
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a busy retail environment
- A minimum of 2 years experience of managing or leading a small team of people.
- Ability to play a musical instrument and to read music (preferred)
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV (including your current or most recent salary) to: firstname.lastname@example.org