Sales Assistant - Presto Music shop
Presto Music is looking for a Sales Assistant to work in our busy bricks-and-mortar shop in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, which stocks an extensive range of products including sheet music, Classical and Jazz recordings, musical instruments and accessories.
• Provide a high level of customer service - a flair for sales is essential
• Knowledge of and passion for classical music
• Ability to read music or play an instrument is preferred
• Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative
• Good communication skills, friendliness and enthusiasm
• Available for a minimum of 3 days per week
• Working hours are 9am to 5:30pm with a one hour break for lunch
To apply: Please email your details and CV to Helen Beecroft at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheet Music Data Assistant
Presto Classical, the world’s No.1 classical music specialist online retailer, is looking for a Sheet Music Data Assistant to help manage the on-line merchandising and presentation of its extensive catalogue of over 800,000 products.
• Reporting to the Head of Sheet Music
• Focus on the improvement and presentation of product data, page content and work listings in order to maximise customer experience and contribute to growing revenue
• Involvement with promotional campaigns and editorial content
• Assistance with customer website queries, admin and other general efficiencies
Skills & Requirements
• Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Access and Excel, although training will be provided where required
• Knowledgeable and passionate about classical music
• Good organisational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritise tasks
• Confidence to use initiative and make decisions whilst being a strong team player
Role: Part-time (3 days) or Full-time (5 days)
Benefits: Company pension
Start Date: April 2018
To apply: Please email your CV and covering letter, by 31st March, to Graham Southern at email@example.com
PHP Web Developer
Presto Music is an industry-leading online global retailer selling recorded music (physical and digital) and sheet music. To keep pace with the rapidly changing recorded music industry, and changes in e-commerce, we are looking to expand our in-house web development team.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic PHP Web Developer for our in-house team to work on our current website, online presence and back-office systems.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of web development. Although the emphasis is on back-end, a knowledge of front-end technologies would be advantageous. You should be able to work in a team, and be able to work independently. Attention to detail is vital.
You should be equally comfortable with object oriented (OO) code as procedural. We are open to adopting new methods and technology (where appropriate) and like fresh ideas.
A good understanding of MySQL databases is desirable, and you should be comfortable writing efficient queries as well as manipulating complex data.
Required skills: PHP5+; MySQL; HTML; CSS; experience of a PHP framework; version control systems (eg Git)
Experience in the following will be advantageous, but not essential: PHP7; SASS; HTML5; CSS3; Symfony; Twig or other templating engine; PHPUnit; JQuery; Elasticsearch; Linux; Vagrant; Ansible; Ajax; MS Access; VBA
Salary: dependent on experience £22-30k
Benefits: Company pension
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
To apply: Please email your CV and covering letter, including details of your current or most recent salary, to Graham Southern at firstname.lastname@example.org